Thursday, April 18, 2013

Night 1 - Challenge

So all was well and good until the juices ended and temptation began. I had to leave my house to avoid snacking and went to see a movie at E street cinema. At the theater it was hard to resist popcorn AND I almost got these mango chips - but I resisted knowing it was cheating.Will power!

I saw this interesting movie called 'To The Wonder' - an indie film with Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams and Javier Bardem. It's hard to explain this movie because there was minimal dialogue and mostly told through voice over introspection. It also had characters who thought in English, French and Spanish - any thought is always prettier in Spanish or French - I don't mind subtitles. It was really beautiful, so many of the shots were in nature from the shore, in the ocean, the ocean floor, landscape shots, etc. Basically, what I took from it was all the characters were searching for love whether it was from god, their lover, their wife, their child, the earth. It also explored those different kinds of love. Honestly, I am still trying to figure out exactly what I think of the movie, but that's my favorite kind - the one that sticks with you.

Well, I have derailed from cleanse talk, but that is how I get through remembering I haven't had solid food. I really haven't missed it, but I probably would if I wasn't working on the days of juicing - then distracting myself with movies. :)

Quote of the day:
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment