Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mango + Avocado salsa with Salmon - Mmm mmm

Hey all!

So I found this recipe on a blog called nomnompaleo... it's delicious!

First up, Mango + Avcado Salsa - seriously, how can you not want to make this. Mango- yum. Avocado.. do I need to say anymore.. nope.

  • 2 cups diced ripe mango (about 2 mangos)
  • ½ cup finely diced red onion
  • 1 cup diced Hass avocado (1 medium avocado)
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • big pinch of kosher salt
  • ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • Juice from 1 lime
Here are my delicious igredients ready to make friends and party in my stomach.


Basically, chope them all up and mix it all together. Amazing. I think I might keep some of this on hand to top anything... really, anything.

Then for the salmon.
Ingredients: 
- Salmon
-ghee
-salt, pepper and left over lime juice

I portioned the fish and then heated up some ghee on the frying pan. Searing skin down I let it cook for about 8 mins and then flipped the fish for color. I like my fish cooked through, so I flipped it back on the skin side and covered the pan with a lid to cook a bit more. 


We had it with some brussel sprouts nice and crips from the oven. 






Mmmm mmmm... what to try next...




No comments:

Post a Comment