Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken curry -Whole 30

Happy Tuesday! 

It's actually about 40 degrees today in good ole Washington, DC which feels warm compared to the past few weeks... but it's still the season for comforting and substansive meals. This is so possible on the Whole 30! 

This was easy peasy and delicious! I don't know what makes a true curry, so maybe this is an imposter- but either way... here we go...

Coconut Chicken curry - Whole 30

First, I cut up some chicken and threw it in the slow cooker. 


Then I chopped anything I had in the fridge and threw it in... sweet potato, red pepper, red onion, celery, carrots, ginger and garlic.


Then I threw in whatever I had as well... I happened to have red curry spice, but also some cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder... and danced around.

Then I added coconut milk, chicken broth and set the cooker to 10 hours... 



 I don't know if it looks yummy, but... it is delicious. Spicy, but creamy and packed full of veggies.

Ingredients:

-2 chicken breasts
-1 sweet potato, cubed
-1 red bell pepper, sliced
-3 celery stalks, diced
-2 carrot sticks, peeled and diced
-1/2 red onion, diced
2 table spoons red pepper curry spice
-salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes - to taste

Easy recipes are crucial... I work full time and go to school full time... and I am planning a wedding.... so sometimes I NEED MORE TIME. And this helps, a LOT. And now, I have extra meals for my manz and I.

Hope you enjoy! Who knew healthy could be so hearty?

No comments:

Post a Comment