Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cauliflower Power!

Success! Cauliflower crust pizza complete and it was pretty good! It definitely tasted like the crust was cauliflower, but it was filling and satisfying. Two thumbs up for making pizza healthy. Here is how I did it:

Step 1: 'Rice' the cauliflower. If you have a food processor- this is much easier. I did not.




Man, I wished I had a food processor. To make the crust you now combine one cup of the riced cauliflower, 1 cup of cheddar cheese and a large beaten egg. Mix it up and then spread it onto a greased plate. OH YEA, Set the oven to 450.

Add spices (whatever you have: oregano, parsley, etc - I added some random Montreal Chicken Spice and red chili powder also) and bake for 12-15 mins.(It looked kinda weird)


From there you can add whatever pizza toppings you like and then bake until the cheese is bubbly and as brown as you like. I made my own concoction with roasted red peppers, onions, mushrooms and a cut up veggie patty to give it a little something different.


Throw it on top.. BOOM


And PRESTO! What a cute little slice of veggie deliciousness! 



Next time, I think I will play with what I throw in with the cauliflower, I think the cheese and the egg can hold anything together. :) I may have to make this more often! I also should get a food processor.



2 comments:

  1. How adorable was that little slice of veggie deliciousness. You can also use one of those magic bullets for those that don't have a food processor. Love it!!!!!!!!! How were those toppings? I have never used a veggie patty - would you use it again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good! I would use it again! I used Amy's somethingorother and it tasted like meat! I have three more patties, I think I will use one for a nice veggie burger and the others in dishes.

    ReplyDelete